I’m a girl. I believe in rain, I believe in lipstick, I believe in boots, I believe in happiness and life, and damn straight I believe in coffee. So it’s really not that strange for my friends to expect me to be chilling in a coffee house to wind down after a long morning & afternoon at work. My friend was most amused the other day when she asked what it is I do in my coffee house of choice and I responded with the vague “coffee house-like things”.
For those who frequent coffee houses, you know what I’m talking about. For those who don’t, I’ll fill you in on what it is that goes on in a coffee house.
- Lots of social networking.
- Lots of people watching.
- Lots of chitchatting with complete strangers who after awhile aren’t complete stranger anymore.
- Story writing.
- The feeling that you are both super smart and classy.
- The ability to read a book without any distractions.
- Being distracted by attractive members of the opposite sex.
- Drinking enough coffee to make an insomniac out of oneself.
- Homework gets done!
- Sometimes they have pretty good local bands serenade you for being such a rock star.
Yeah, that’s the gist of it.
Other than the part where it’s nice to be alone and not alone at the same time. And the awesome music. And the feeling of comfort in a place that isn’t your home.